Woodslane Online Catalogues
Liberating your life after breast cancer
- You kept it together through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, as well as, the regular responsibilities of life. But even now after treatment, you are still afraid. Behind the practiced smile, you live in fear until the next mammogram.
Live Fearlessly introduces readers to the philosophy of yoga and mindfulness practices for those who desire to live without constant fear of recurrence or death. Is it possible to consider an experience with breast cancer as an opportunity for self -inquiry resulting in living a more meaningful life?
The author, Emilia Dauway, MD, takes you on a life journey from the “mat” exploring a range of emotions from laughter, tears, fears and everything in between. The book is divided into the eight limbs of yoga, as well as, the seven pillars of mindfulness, with the author’s journey and patient experiences illustrating each topic. Each chapter has:
• practical exercises for self-inquiry
• breath work to engage the reader
• ways to experience each aspect of yoga and mindfulness for themselves.
The best way for the reader to understand the message of the book is to experience it for themselves. This book offers an invitation to reframe the way you think about breast cancer (or any illness) from a different perspective and mindset. Live Fearlessly is a road map to fulfilling life beyond recovery and one that every woman who has experienced breast cancer should read.
- During her 20 years of treating breast cancer, Dr. Emilia Dauway, an American trained cancer surgeon and certified yoga instructor realised surgically removing cancer, while patients maintained the same lifestyle and mindset was incomplete treatment. By incorporating yoga and mindfulness in her surgical practice, she empowers women to live without fear through mindful living. She established the Centre for Personal Renewal and is the founding director of RESTORE More, non-profit in Australia. She was awarded “Inspirational Woman of the Year 2019” for her holistic approach to surgery and her work with regional women. Hervey Bay, Queensland
- * The author speaks to the reader from the perspective of an experienced oncologic surgeon, but also that of a yoga teacher.
* Live Fearlessly educates the reader of the impact of fear on mental and physical well-being.
* It reviews the scientific evidence of mindset on health and provides the reader with practical solutions through a practice which is readily available and thousands of years old.
* It illustrates, through stories (patients and the author), the principles of mindfulness and aspects of yoga which are either unknown, poorly understood, or often overlooked through a common sequence called a sun salutation.
* Social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
* Promoted at annual national and international breast cancer conferences, providing opportunity to gain exposure in the surgical and oncology community.
* A portion of the proceeds will be donated to help women in regional areas who lack access to modern breast cancer treatments and promoted through her non-profit, RESTORE More.
* Keynote speaking engagements of which three have been scheduled in February, March 2020 (thus far), and another in May 2021 for International Women’s Week, Rotary Regional Conference allowing promotion and sale of the books at these events which engage approximately 300-500 participants.
* Launch in the US in August 1-14, 2020 Los Angeles, Washington DC and Florida
* Reviews will be solicited in advance of the launch and high-profile contacts with a substantial lists and social media followings in the fields of breast cancer and yoga have agreed to promote the launch of the book.
Google Preview content