Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Speculative Short Stories
- ISBN-13: 9780648038672
Imprint: TALE PUBLISHING
- Author: New, Robert
- Price: AUD 26.95
- Stock: 6 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 11/05/2018
- Format: Paperback (229mm X 152mm) 232 pages Weight: 360g
- Categories: Science fiction [FL]
This speculative fiction collection contains twelve stories centred around the theme of being altered by a situation. Stories include the acclaimed How to Win a War, which suggests a strategy for ending wars that might just work. The Patriotic Amnesiac explores why someone would voluntarily give up their ability to form new memories. Sever-Reign is a tale about a Queen and Prime Minister plotting against a President. The Legend of Legend and The Lost Chapter are light hearted capers that link myth to reality.
According to his wife, Robert has spent too much of his life studying. She has a point as he has earned seven tertiary qualifications. Robert has degrees in psychology, sociology, biology and education, all of which inspire his writing. He lives in Melbourne with his wife and two children. He likes writing stories that involve science and that shift the perspective of the reader. When he was in high school, a dare escalated a little too quickly and he made the state final in an interpretive dance competition.
Contains the Wordfest 2017 Highly Commended story Sever-Reign.
The author uses his background in education and academia to write speculative stories that are fun and "deceptively educational of the human condition."
Supported by a strong marketing campaign.
From the author of Incite Insight
- Google Preview content