Beware the Collectors
- ISBN-13: 9780987358578
Imprint: WOODSLANE HAND-IN-HAND
- Author: Laing, David
- Price: AUD 18.99
- Stock: 22 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 05/03/2013
- Format: Paperback (215mm X 135mm) 215 pages Weight: 300g
- Categories: Adventure stories (Children's / Teenage) [YFC]
David Laing’s novels, Forest Spirit, Forest Shadows and Forest Secrets, are drawn from his experiences gained teaching Aboriginal children and mixing with their parents and the general bush community. Based on these experiences, he has created a young Aboriginal girl, who finds herself involved in a series of exciting Tasmanian adventures.
David Laing, a retired teacher and School Principal, is now a full-time published author. His teaching took him to South Australia, the Northern Territory and Tasmania. During that time, in addition to studying Aboriginal Studies 1,2 and 3 at the Adelaide University, he also taught Aboriginal students of various ages—children and adults—and over that time learned a great deal about the Aboriginal culture. This provided him with the background to write his novels. Currently, David lives in Deloraine, Tasmania, with his wife Wendy and dog Jesse. He is now writing a fourth Young Adult novel.
- Involves Jars, the young Aboriginal girl, in a new adventure in the SW wilderness area of Tasmania.
- Introduces a further character, a Chinese man, who himself is a mystery.
- Introduces mysterious elements in the form of ‘The Collectors’ as well as a riddle which invites the reader to solve.
- Shows the true natures of Snook and Quenton Quigley and how one’s action can affect future events.
- Google Preview content