Melbourne Map (Where to Ride)
- ISBN-13: 9780992378516
WHERE TO RIDE
Imprint: WHERE TO RIDE
- Author: Latz, Phil
- Price: AUD 12.99
- Stock: 762 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 01/08/2014
- Format: Sheet map, folded (190mm X 105mm) 1 pages Weight: 50g
- Categories: Geographical maps (specialist) [RGS]Sports & outdoor recreation [WS]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]Cycling, boarding & skating (Children's / Teenage)[YNWY]Cycling [WSQ]Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]
When unfolded, it reveals a detailed, full colour map, printed on both sides that covers over 300 square kilometres of central Melbourne, stretching east west from Footscray to Burwood and north south from Ivanhoe to Brighton.
We’ve teamed up with Ausway, publishers of the iconic Melway street directory, to reproduce their unrivalled mapping. All of the roads and freeways have been faded to grey, then four layers of colour coded cycling routes have been accurately overlaid. The first, in red, shows the rides from our popular Where to Ride Melbourne guidebook. Next, in yellow, are off road cycle paths. On road cycling lanes are in dashed blue. Last, but certainly not least, in dotted green are the myriad of informal cycling routes. These may not be on any ‘official maps, but for real world cyclists they are the best routes to avoid the traffic or to take short cuts.
You’ll also see a set of symbols to pinpoint every bike shop, kids cycle area and even all the new Bike Share docking stations and Car Share pods.
iPhones and Garmins are clever devices, but to see such a broad expanse of Melbourne in minute detail, with every cycling feature so clearly highlighted, nothing comes close to our Where to Ride Melbourne Cycling Map. It’s the perfect companion for all cyclists!
- Water & tear resistant
- Folds down to a convenient size that fits easily into a cycling jersey pocket
- Covers over 300 square kilometres
- Includes cycling routes
- Bike Shops
- Kids rides
- Google Preview content