Chicken Soup for the Soul
The Joy of Less
- ISBN-13: 9781611599572
- Publisher/Imprint: CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL
- Author: Amy Newmark
- Price: AUD 24.99
- Stock: 2 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 08/11/2016
- Format: Paperback (216mm X 140mm) 400 pages Weight: 400g
- Categories: Popular psychology [VSP]
- In the Age of Disposables--fashion, phones, glasses, and even friends!--some people are finding joy by rediscovering the simple life. They're cleaning house, both literally and figuratively, and finding themselves better for it. By getting rid of excess "stuff" and trimming down their over-filled schedules, they feel happier and more fulfilled than ever before. It's really true that little can go a long way. With "Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Joy of Less, " spring cleaning takes on a whole new meaning. You'll read stories about people who found happiness in an unlikely way: by saying no. No to buying more stuff, no to taking on additional time-filling commitments, and no to trying to please everyone all of the time. In this book you'll also meet people who have found contentment in simplicity by spending time with their family during "staycations." You'll also read about people who cut out some of the everyday stressors in life by simply "unplugging" by turning off their smartphones and staying away from the Internet for a day. It's amazing what a little break can do. You'll even meet people who lost almost everything, but found happiness rediscovering who they really are and turning catastrophe into opportunity. When forced to simplify because the going gets tough, the tough get creative and find ways to flourish. Whether it's cleaning out your closets and holding a yard sale or taking a stand for your wellbeing by keeping time to yourself, there are a hundred different ways to find joy in less.
- Google Preview content