Woodslane Online Catalogues
Panorama with Website PB (Lingco): (3/e Revised Website Access)
Intermediate Russian Language and Culture
- Panorama with Website moves intermediate-level students of Russian toward advanced proficiency by engaging them in a systematic and comprehensive approach to Russian grammar with texts from a variety of genres, including proverbs and sayings to immerse students in Russian culture. The accompanying companion website–included with the book–offers fully integrated exercises to use alongside the text.
By reading and listening to Russian literary classics and contemporary nonfiction texts, students develop a contextual understanding of Russian culture and forms of expression that grow their command of vocabulary, grammar, and complex syntax. The textbook includes comprehensive in-class vocabulary and grammar exercises and discussion topics as well as reading texts (for work in class and at home), summative oral and written exercises, and compelling color photos.
- Benjamin Rifkin is Dean of the Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Evgeny Dengub is a lecturer in Russian and a codirector of the Three College Russian Initiative at Smith College, University of Massachusetts–Amherst, and Mount Holyoke College. Susanna Nazarova is a lecturer in Russian and a codirector of the Three College Russian Initiative at Smith College, University of Massachusetts–Amherst, and Mount Holyoke College.
- • Content can be used in one semester/two terms or for a full year
• Modular structure allows instructors flexibility to assign chapters in their own sequence
• Authentic photojournalist photos to prompt discussion exercises for each chapter topic
• Summative exercises for each chapter test student mastery of the grammar topics, vocabulary, and cultural competence related to the chapter theme in a written essay format
• Most grammar examples and exercises are drawn from the Russian National Corpus
• Readings include blogs, blog comments, articles, and interviews, exposing students to current Russian culture and language.
Google Preview content