This is the story of a long-lasting relationship, surviving against the odds. It is the story of Wenn and Beatrice Lawson, born almost twelve years apart in different countries with different cultures, who were both assigned female at birth. After nineteen years of marriage and four children, Wenn entered a same-sex relationship with Beatrice. Little did Beatrice know that twenty-two years later, Wenn would transition from female to male. This unique and honest memoir tells the story of Wenn's transition and Beatrice's journey alongside him.
Co-written by Wenn and Beatrice, who are both on the autism spectrum, this book offers a rare insight into an older couple's experience of transition, with particular emphasis on how Beatrice really felt about the changes. Without holding back, they tell the true story of the conflicts, challenges and growing celebration and joy that can arise from transitioning together as a couple.
Various Notes on Sex and Gender.
1. Introduction and Background.
2. A Growing Attraction.
3. Separation, Divorce, in Between and Together.
4. Freedom. 5. Building Careers.
6. When a Lesbian is Not a Lesbian.
7. How It All Happened.
8. Menopausal Partner and Her Pubescent Hubby... A Recipe for Disaster!
9. Surgeries, Further Transformation, Impact Upon Relationship and Love Life.
10. Two Years Plus On Testosterone.
12. What We Have Learnt.