Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
For Valour: The Complete History of the Victoria Cross Vol 5
The First World War - Part 1
- ISBN-13: 9781910500958
Imprint: UNICORN PRESS
- Author: Robson, Michael Charles
- Price: AUD 275.00
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/08/2021
- Format: Hardback (290mm X 218mm) 420 pages Weight: 0g
- Categories: First World War [HBWN]
- For Valour: The Complete History of the Victoria Cross will be the definitive work on the subject and compelling as a narrative as well as the ultimate reference source. This ambituous project in association with The Victoria Cross Trust will be published in 8 volumes over 4 years, the first publishing on the 165 year year of the first investiture in Hyde Park in 1845. Each volume is divided into two parts: Part 1 - Wars, Battles & Deeds - will contain description of each war and battle or engagement which involved deeds resulting in the award of each Victoria Cross. The deeds are described within the context of the War and battle during which they occurred. Part 2 - Portraits of Valour - will contain a biography of each recipient of the Victoria Cross. Volume 1 will include an additional section covering the inception of the Victoria Cross and the rules which govern the award. Foreword by Lord Ashcroft KCMG PC who owns the largest collection of VCs in the world and has the Ashcroft Gallery at the Imperial War Museum named after him.
- Google Preview content