Adelaide's Best Bush, Coast & City Walks
The full-colour guide to 33 fantastic walks
- ISBN-13: 9781921683350
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Beer, Peter and Bosence, June
- Price: AUD 29.95
- Stock: 139 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 11/01/2011
- Format: Paperback (220mm X 130mm) 192 pages Weight: 360g
- Categories: Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]
Adelaide and its environs boast a huge range of beautiful environments, making the region perfect for exploring on foot. Adelaides Best Bush, Coast & City Walks, joining Woodslanes hugely successful walking guides series, introduces the best walks for visitors and residents alike, ranging from fascinating city walks and leisurely coastal strolls to the more rugged tracks deeper in the Adelaide Hills. Detailed descriptions and maps help the reader explore Adelaides parks, bushland, beaches, rivers and most interesting urban areas. As with previous titles in the series, the book is richly illustrated with over 150 full-colour photographs and dozens of detailed maps. A summary table of walks indicating distances, facilities and highlights is included to help the reader find exactly the right walk for the occasion. Walking chapters: Central Adelaide, South of Adelaide, North of Adelaide, Southern Hills and Northern Hills.
June Boscence has lived in the Adelaide region all her life. An active member of Adelaide Bush Walkers, June has worked with The Walking Federation of South Australia Inc., promoting walking and supporting bushwalking groups.
Peter Beer also a member of Adelaide Bushwalkers and involved in The Walking Federation of South Australia Inc, enjoys camping trips throughout Australia. The birds mammals and plants seen have added richness to each walk. He is the author of Flinders Ranges Walks.
- Regional map: Adelaide region; Around Williamstown
- Introduction: Safety
- Walks at a glance
- Adelaides Best Bush, Coast and City Walks: Central Adelaide; South Adelaide; Adelaide Hills South; Adelaide Hills North; North of Adelaide
- Location maps: Central and southeast of Adelaide; Beach suburbs and north of Adelaide
- Useful addresses and contacts
- Information on trails
- About the authors and acknowledgements
- Part of Australia’s best-selling walking guide series with over 20 titles and nearly 200,000 copies in print
- The full-colour guide to 33 fantastic walks
- Explore walks from Port Adelaide to Old Noarlunga, Williamstown to Mt Barker
- Learn about local history and the environment
- Discover the best walks for families and children
- Find out about local activities and attractions
- Includes colour maps, photos and detailed walk notes
- Google Preview content