Auckland's Best Bush, Coast & City Walks
The full-colour guide to over 40 fantastic walks
- ISBN-13: 9781921874581
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Fitter, Julian
- Price: AUD 29.95
- Stock: 184 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 03/04/2012
- Format: Paperback (220mm X 130mm) 224 pages Weight: 420g
- Categories: Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]New Zealand [1MBN]
Auckland boasts a huge range of beautiful environments, making the city and the country around it perfect for exploring on foot. Aucklands Best Bush, Coast & City Walks, joins the hugely successful (hitherto only Australian) walking guides series from Woodslane Press. The book introduces the best walks for visitors and residents alike, ranging from fascinating city walks and leisurely bay-side strolls to the more natural parklands and bush tracks beyond the urban fringes. Detailed descriptions, clear directions and colour maps help the reader explore Aucklands parks, bushland, coast and beaches, rivers and most interesting urban areas. As with previous titles in the series, the book is richly illustrated with over 150 full-colour photographs. A summary table of walks indicating distances, facilities and highlights is included to help the reader find exactly the right walk for the occasion.
Julian Fitter is an Environmental consultant, conservationist, naturalist and writer with a special interest in island ecosystems. He has been involved in conservation in the Galapagos Island and the Falkland Islands and is a member of the Tristan Biodiversity Action Group.
Julian has been living in New Zealand since 2005 and has written 3 books on New Zealands native wildlife. He is currently chair of Friends of Galapagos New Zealand and is also chair of Maketu Ongatoro Wetland Society which is working to help restore wetlands in the Bay of Plenty.
- Location maps
- Foreword by Mayor Len Brown
- Aucklands Best Bush, Coast and City Walks at a glance
- Aucklands Best Bush, Coast and City Walks: Central Auckland; North of Auckland; West of Auckland; South of Auckland; Islands
- The settlement of Auckland
- Further reading
- Map symbols and legend
- About the author and acknowledgements
- Photography and cartography
- Part of Australia’s best-selling walking guide series with over 20 titles and nearly 200,000 copies in print
- Explore the bush, city, coast and islands
- Learn about local history, culture and the environment
- Find out about local activities and attractions
- Includes colour maps, photos and detailed walk notes
- Google Preview content