Woodslane Online Catalogues
- In The Silo, novelist Hugh Watson takes readers down a scary track pointed out by his long experience in Canberra and with electoral shenanigans in country New South Wales. In his gripping new political thriller, the residents of Gwydir, and intuitive Sydney detective, Susan Swift, must deal with a troubling series of murders. Newcomer, Barry Kingscliff, a party power-broker from the big smoke, appears to be at the centre of it all. Can anyone stop him ascending the ladder of corruption?
- Hugh Watson is a former Private Secretary to a Cabinet Minister and Partner-in-Charge of Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers) in Canberra. He was also for two and a half years Group General Manager with the Sydney Organising Committee for the Olympic Games in Sydney. He is currently an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Australian National University and a director of his own consulting company. He has worked and made friends with many senior public servants, military officers, journalists and politicians in Canberra over the past 25 years. His first novel Home Grown, published in 2015, drew upon his extensive knowledge of the workings and intrigue of Government in Canberra as well as his extensive imagination.
- * Readable poltical crime thriller,
* Cover accolades by well-known public figures (including Leigh Sales).
* Author's press gallery mates poised to get it noticed.
Google Preview content