Woodslane Online Catalogues
- Suspense-filled ingenious plots featuring corporate corruption and police power don’t often ring true. But in his legal work, Perth QC Tom Percy has seen stranger schemes and known realler people than you meet with from novelists. His dark new novel is pure fiction. But because his imagination is guided by that experience, it’s hard to believe it didn’t happen, and that the men and women on his pages are just characters. This is an unsettling transcontinental tale of personal relations unfolding in tandem with ruthless market machinations. A desperate quest for the elusive sources of power and guilt involves outback gold prospectors, a vulnerable and glamorous journalist, and a hero like one of those eggs which are good in parts.
- Tom Percy QC, born in Kalgoorlie, works mainly in Perth in challenging and complex criminal cases. He won the Law Society of WA’s Community Service Award and the WA Civil Justice Award from the Australian Lawyers Alliance, and the WA Lawyer of the Year Award for 2013. He used to be State President of the Australian Lawyers Alliance and then became the National Director. Percy is a columnist with The Sunday Times and has a regular morning radio segment. He is also a prominent musician and songwriter, performing regularly around Perth. He is an active supporter of football, horse and greyhound racing, and cricket, a board member of the WACA and East Perth Football Club, and the Patron of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder Race Club. He’s also a long-suffering member of the Fremantle Football Club.
- * Author is a high-profile figure in W.A., and in NSW legal circles.
* The scary story of police corruption matches reality uncomfortably.
* Andrea and Catherine are appealing heroines.
* Expecting radio interviews and news coverage, focussing on Sydney and Perth.
Google Preview content