Australian Geographic Tasmania
- ISBN-13: 9781925403923
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Katrina O'Brien
- Price: AUD 19.99
- Stock: 2033 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 04/12/2018
- Format: Paperback (260mm X 40mm) 64 pages Weight: 300g
- Categories: Photographs: collections [AJC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]Places & peoples: general & pictorial works [WTM]
Australian Geographic, in Association with Woodslane Press is introducing a new series of photographic souvenir guides to some of Australia’s most beautiful and iconic places. The 64-page large format books are full of vibrant photography, accompanied by a concise but fascinating commentary by one of Australia’s most experienced travel writers. The third book in the series, the Australian Geographic Book of Tasmania is an indispensable reminder and souvenir for both international and Australian visitors to this very special place. Armchair travellers will pick it up time and again to whet their appetites and perhaps to plan their own visits.
Includes sections on geography, wildlife and culture, Hobart, Tasman Peninsula, Bruny Island, the south and western wilderness areas, Cradle Mountain and the Overland Track, the Central Plateau, the northwest coast, Launceston and Ben Lomond, the Bay of Fires, Freycinet.
Katrina O’Brien is the author of Australia’s bestselling walking guide, Sydney’s Best Harbour & Coastal Walks. She first fell in love with Tasmania while travelling and writing her way around Australia for two years as the co-author of the travel guides Footprint Australia Handbook and Footprint West Coast Handbook. When not researching and writing walking and travel guides Katrina is a book publishing consultant and has previously worked as Managing Editor for Murdoch Books and Penguin.
Geography and geology
Culture and Industry
Animals and birds
Plants and flowers
Tasman Peninsula, Port Arthur and 3 Capes walk
Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers NP and Strahan
Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair NP
Walls of Jerusalem
Launceston and Ben Lomond NP
Mt William NP and Bay of Fires
- Indispensable reminder and souvenir to both local and overseas tourists
- Photos taken from Australian Geographic’s extensive photography archives, and also includes the work of award-winning Tasmanian photographers such as Luke Tscharke, Arwen Dyer and Pete Harmsen
- Will be promoted across multiple Australian Geographic platforms including Australian Geographic magazine (circ 30k)
- Google Preview content