Anzac Day, Remembrance Day & War Memorials
- ISBN-13: 9781925675788
BIG SKY PUBLISHING
Imprint: BIG SKY PUBLISHING
- Author: Paterson, Allison
- Price: AUD 24.99
- Stock: 208 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 27/09/2018
- Format: Hardback (260mm X 230mm) 64 pages Weight: 520g
- Categories: History & the past: general (Children/Teenage) [YNH]
Every year there are special days when we remember all those who have fought in the past to keep Australia free and those who still fight today to keep us safe. On 25 April — Anzac Day — and on 11 November — Remembrance Day — we stop to think about those people and how much they have done for us. Anzac Day reminds us that, as Australians, we are proud of the Anzac spirit which has helped shape our traditions, our culture, and who we are. On Remembrance Day we honour all those who gave up so much for their country, especially those who lost their lives. Australia Remembers presents a detailed explanation of the origins and traditions of Anzac Day and Remembrance Day, exploring both their connections and significance to young Australians today. The colourful traditions and symbols of these special days are described in language that is easily accessible to younger readers, helping them to understand what these mean and how important it is to remember those Australians who have fought for their country and those who keep us safe today. Australia Remembers is designed to ensure that the next generation shares the history and traditions of these important occasions.
Allison Paterson is the author of the 2016 ABIA and CBCA longlisted title Anzac Sons: Five Brothers on the Western Front, the children’s version of the adult non-fiction title Anzac Sons: the Story of Five Brothers in the War to End All Wars. She has written two other children’s books, Granny’s Place and Shearing Time. Allison was a teacher-librarian for over twenty years and has reviewed children’s literature for Magpies Magazine for almost as long. She was a recipient of a 2017 May Gibbs Children’s Literature Trust Creative Time Fellowship. The resulting young adult manuscript Follow After Me will be published in 2019. Allison now works full-time as a writer and presenter in schools. Australia Remembers: Anzac Day, Remembrance Day and War Memorialsis the first in a series with the next book, Australia Remembers: Customs and Traditions of the Australian Defence Force, to be released in 2019.
- Australia Remembers is the first book in a series thatwill focus on Australian military history specifically written for children aged 6–12 years.
- Full colour with illustrations and images to support the facts and narrative, activities, questions and breakout boxes ensures an engaging read for young readers andplenty of appeal for both children and educators.
- Allison Paterson is an ABIA and CBCA longlistedauthor and 2017 May Gibbs Children’s Literature Trust Creative Time Fellowship recipient.
- Released in time for Remembrance Day.
- Google Preview content