What’s the point of making the numbers but not making a difference? What’s the point of being a brilliant leader in the workplace but a failure at home? What’s the point of building great relationships but underdelivering on promised outcomes? In Your Leadership Diamond, Paul Mitchell reveals how in a period of just seven weeks, you can take your leadership to a whole new level. He inspires us to see ourselves as diamonds that just need a little polishing to really shine. You will discover simple, practical advice for time-poor leaders who wish to transform the way they lead at work, at home and in their communities.
Paul Mitchell has been inspiring leaders in all walks of life for over thirty-five years. His unique background has seen him become an authority and trusted colleague to some of Asia-Pacific’s most senior business and community leaders. Paul has degrees in Social Science and Psychology, plus a Diploma of Education. He is managing director and founder of the human enterprise, a founding member of The Interest Group in Coaching Psychology in Australia, as well as a certified Marshall Goldsmith Executive Coach. He has two main areas of focus. One is inspiring leaders at every level of the organisation, irrespective of their position or title, to take full responsibility for their own lives and for total organisational results. The other is encouraging leaders to lead in all areas of their lives, not just business. These core beliefs have seen him deliver leadership coaching services, development programmes, facilitation, and keynotes in over fifteen countries with well over ten thousand leaders.
Foreword and Preface
Part 1: Digging for Diamonds
Collective myths regarding leadership development
Roadblocks and barriers to Your Success
Leaders for Life
Your Leadership Diamond: an overview
Part 2: The Facets
Facet 1: Leading Self - raise your consciousness
Facet 2: Leading One on One - make real connections
Facet 3: Leading Teams - inspire collective commitment
Facet 4: Leading Clients - demonstrate heartfelt caring
Facet 5: Leading the Organisation - foster seamless collaboration
Facet 6: Leading Family and Friends - be their champion
Facet 7: Leading Community - honour your calling
Part 3: Keep Polishing
So what will your legacy be?
Final food for thought
About the Author
* The first book from Australian leadership guru Paul Mitchell, who has coached thousands of Australian business leaders.
* Passionately written and crammed with practical advice.
* Great value at just $24.99.
* “Paul’s coaching and approach to becoming a better person in order to be a better leader were (and I don’t use this word often) transformational. Working on the seven facets that Paul explores in his book have helped me to become a more grounded, confident, energetic, and ultimately happier CEO, husband, and father.” Stuart Grainger, Chief Executive Officer, George Weston Foods.
* “This book is a great distillation of some of the ideas and skills Paul has shared over the years to help leaders be the best they can be. It is an essential read for those who are new to leadership, those who know it is a privilege to lead yourself and others, and those who know the power and importance of continued self-improvement.” Kate Mason, Group Director, People and Culture, Coca-Cola Amatil