First published in 2007 this book has been Australia’s bestselling walking guide ever since, with over 85,000 copies sold. Each walk specifies the distance, the grade and the estimated duration and is accompanied by an accurate full-colour map. Snippets about history, culture and wildlife add colour and interest to the walking experience. Over 150 full-colour photos complement the text, and provide the reader with a clear sense of the features on each walk. This guide will help readers discover many of the classic walks in Sydney, as well as some wild and adventurous tracks that few know exist. This new edition contains 4 new walks and is the most comprehensive revision since 2007.
Katrina O’Brien is the author of several travel and souvenir guides, including Footprint Australia and Australian Geographic Red Centre, Tasmania and Kimberley. She has worked in the publishing industry for over 20 years in a variety of roles, now Managing Editor with Australian Geographic, and has authored 5 editions of Sydney’s Best Harbour & Coastal Walks, Australia’s bestselling walking guide.
* Walk location maps
* Walks at a glance
* Pittwater and Broken Bay
* Northern Beaches
* Middle Harbour
* Lower North Shore
* Botany Bay and the Royal National Park
* Safety tips
* Bushwalking Clubs and Guides
* New edition of the country’s bestselling walking guide, over 85,000 copies sold.
* Thoroughly revised with 4 new walks and new photography throughout.
* Full details of how to walk from Palm Beach to Malabar.
* Previous edition ISBN - 9781925403664.