Woodslane Online Catalogues
SOS: Heatwave (Bk7)
School of Scallywags (SOS): Book 7
- When SOS is struck by a heatwave, the students decide to cool off with ice creams and a swim at the beach. But in the rush to escape the school, Samuel So ’n’ Slow is left behind. Can the sloth catch up to his friends before the temperature gets even hotter?
Welcome to the School of Scallywags, a boarding school for young pirates. At SOS, students live at school during the term and go home for the holidays. Each night is one big sleepover with their friends! Each new day is an adventure waiting to happen.
The students at SOS don’t always get things right. But with a little encouragement from their friends and teachers, they learn that even the biggest disasters can be turned around.
Each story in the SOS series focuses on a different student and explores the personal and social challenges they face. Themes for Heatwave include feeling excluded for who you are and looking out for others.
SOS stories are designed for developing readers in lower to middle primary school. Books in the series include both male and female protagonists. Each book has seven or eight short chapters with illustrations on every page. Readers can move up to the award-winning Scallywags series which feature the same characters in extended adventures.
- Cameron Stelzer is an Australian author and illustrator with a passion for creating exciting children's books and fostering a love of reading, writing and creativity in young people. He is one of Australia's favourite children's authors with books that engage, inspire and excite children. Cameron Stelzer has written and illustrated over thirty books, including the internationally award-winning Pie Rats series, the fun and zany Scallywags series, the SOS series for younger readers, how-to-draw publications, and the Stroogle picture book series. Stelzer's books have won many book awards including the International Book Awards, the Book Excellence Awards, the American Fiction Awards and the NYC Big Book Awards. After completing his Doctorate of Visual Arts, Cameron began working at the Natural History Museum in London. It was here that Cameron began writing and illustrating stories inspired by the animals in the museum. He has been writing and illustrating stories featuring anthropomorphic characters ever since.
- * Features existing characters from the popular Scallywags series.
* Story is set in a school environment and explores the social issues faced by readers.
* Engaging, humorous and relatable animal characters.
* Illustrations on every page - detailed pencil illustrations with shading and rendering creates texture and brings characters to life.
* 10 SOS books released over 10 months in 2022.
* The author will be visiting over 100 schools and working directly with over 30,000 children.
* Entry into book awards within Australia and internationally.
* Contact with over 4,000 consumers, 20 book review avenues, and 500 media avenues.
Google Preview content