Woodslane Online Catalogues
Scallywags and the Dessert Island
Scallywags Book 6
- Mischief McScruff is running late for class - again! His excuse is an embarrassing story about a pair of shorts and a tin of pink paint. When Headmaster von Ironheart refuses to believe a word of his explanation, Mischief is given one last chance to redeem himself. The scruffy Sea Dog must arrive on time for the circus excursion or face expulsion from the School of Scallywags. But the trip to the circus is anything but smooth sailing. After fleeing from an exploding boat and narrowly escaping the Surfin’ Sharks, Mischief and his classmates are marooned on a not-so-deserted island. Dessert Island, as its name suggests, is home to a Mice Cream, an eccentric Choc Chip Monk and a colourful Uni Cone. But as Mischief soon discovers, the islanders have big troubles of their own.
In the Scallywags sixth zany adventure Mischief must face his sugary fears and find the perfect choc chip cookie dough ice cream before his time runs out.
- Cameron Stelzer is an Australian author and illustrator with a passion for creating exciting children’s books and fostering a love of reading, writing and creativity in young people. He is one of Australia’s favourite children’s authors with books that engage, inspire and excite children. Cameron’s books include the internationally award-winning Pie Rats series, the fun and zany Scallywags series, how-to-draw publications, and the Stroogle picture book series. Cameron’s books have won many awards including the American Fiction Awards (Juvenile Fiction), International Book Awards, IndieReader Discovery Awards, Book Excellence Awards and the National Indie Excellence Awards. After completing his Doctorate of Visual Arts, Cameron began working at the Natural History Museum in London. It was here that Cameron began writing and illustrating stories inspired by the animals in the museum. He has been writing and illustrating stories featuring anthropomorphic characters ever since.
- Scallywags and the Dessert Island is the sixth instalment in the internationally award-winning Scallywags series; a series with a unique twist on the traditional pirate theme.
* As an Australian Author visiting schools, Cameron enjoys writing about topics that children find interesting. A school excursion is a topic that children relate to, combined with the excitement of a fun food focus using favourite desserts. Children in primary school are going to read this book as it is fun, has engaging, relatable animal characters, and delves into a wonderful new world of desserts.
* The illustrations set this book apart. There are illustrations on every page - detailed pencil illustrations with shading and rendering creates texture and brings characters to life. Children are excited about the texture, and how this work brings the characters to life in a different way to other books on the market.
* Teacher resources are available.
* This book took one year to create.
* In 2021, the Author will be visiting over 100 schools and working directly with over 20,000 children.
* Requests made for titles to be added to the Premier's Reading Challenge lists throughout Australia as per Cameron's previous titles.
* Application to book awards within Australia and internationally.
* Contact with over 4,000 consumers via email, letters and social media regarding Scallywags and the Dessert Island as a new title in the popular Scallywags series.
* Contact with over 20 book review avenues, and 500 media avenues for book reviews and/or Author Interviews.
Google Preview content