The Year of the Dog
- ISBN-13: 9781742034089
- Publisher/Imprint: WILD DOG BOOKS
- Author: Hope, Charles
- Price: AUD 24.99
- Stock: 63 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 10/01/2018
- Format: Hardback (270mm X 235mm) 32 pages Weight: 400g
- Categories: General fiction (Children's / Teenage) [YFB]Natural history (Children's/Teenage) [YNN]Interest age: from c 5 years [5AF]
- Dog had never known what it was like to have a home. It was all she'd ever wanted. At the animal shelter where she lived, she happily watched as her friend's, one by one, found families to love. After a while poor Dog began to wonder if her turn would ever come...
Charles Hope grew up on a farm outside
the country town of Wagga Wagga.
He studied Arts and Screenwriting
before delving headlong into the world
of educational non-fiction picture
books. He lives with his wife and infant
daughter in Melbourne, and hopes very
soon to have a dog of his own. This is
his first fiction title for Wild Dog Books.
About the Illustrator
Jess Racklyeft is a children’s
book illustrator, card designer and
watercolour aficionado working from
a studio out the back of her house in
Melbourne. With two little kids she’s
often busy working with them on art
projects and reading many hundreds of
picture books, as well as chasing them
around the house trying to get them to
pose for her next book characters.
• 2018 is the Year of the Dog. This book will make a perfect gift
for any pups born in this year.
• Released to coincide with the Chinese New Year, which in
2018 is on February 16th.
• A heartwarming story about friendship, belonging, the power of
family and never giving up hope.
• Dog is a selfless, lovable character that will strike a chord with
both children and parents alike.
• Beautifully illustrated in watercolours, and with a gentle style
that will encourage repeat reading.
• Deftly combines a moving fiction tale with non-fiction
information relating to the Chinese Zodiac.
• Gorgeous layout, small format hard cover at a great price point.
- Google Preview content