Naturalist's Guide to the Reptiles & Amphibians of Bali
- ISBN-13: 9781909612952
- Publisher/Imprint: JOHN BEAUFOY PUBLISH
- Author: Somaweera, Dr. Ruchira
- Price: AUD 27.99
- Stock: 71 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 08/12/2017
- Format: Paperback (180mm X 128mm) 176 pages Weight: 280g
- Categories: Reptiles [PSVW5]Wildlife: reptiles & amphibians [WNCK]
This easy-to-use identification guide to the 89 reptile and amphibian species of Bali is perfect for resident and visitor alike. High-quality photographs from the region’s top nature photographers, are accompanied by detailed species descriptions which include nomenclature, size, distribution, habits, occurrence and whether they are dangerous. The user-friendly introduction covers conservation, how to deal with snake bites, identification of body parts and a glossary. Also included is an all-important checklist of all of the reptiles of Bali encompassing, for each species, its common and scientific names.
Dr Ruchira Somaweera is a postdoctoral research fellow at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) of Australia. His research work broadly focuses on the ecology and conservation of tropical reptiles, especially crocodilians and sea snakes. He is also a managing director of Aaranya Wilderness Odysseys that conducts specialized wildlife expeditions in Indonesia.
* Complete guide - includes every species found on the island * High quality photographs to aid identification * Detailed information on poisonous species and how to treat snake bite * Includes a complete species check-list
- Google Preview content