Australian Geographic Australia's Birdwatching Megaspots
The 55 Best Birdwatching Sites in Australia
- ISBN-13: 9781912081660
- Publisher/Imprint: JOHN BEAUFOY AUD
- Author: Rowland, Peter & Farrell, Chris
- Price: AUD 49.99
- Stock: 727 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 27/09/2018
- Format: Paperback (210mm X 148mm) Weight: 680g
- Categories: Birds (ornithology) [PSVW6]Wildlife: birds & birdwatching [WNCB]
This lavishly illustrated guide describes 55 of the best sites for viewing both common and rare species in Australia. Alongside a map of the area, detailed descriptions of each site cover the type of terrain, climate and specific spots at which certain species are likely to be encountered. A fact file for each site lists road and rail access; entry fees and permits, facilities, nearby services, accommodation and GPS co-ordinates. Key species for each site are also listed.
Peter Rowland is a wildlife conservationist, educator and nature photographer, and worked at the Australian Natural History Museum for a period spanning 30 years. Peter has travelled extensively throughout Australia as a biodiversity consultant, and has written several books and scientific articles on Australias wildlife. In 1999, Peter was the recipient of a Whitley Award from the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales. Chris Farrell is a nature and landscape photographer who has spent the last 32 years behind a camera capturing the natural world and enjoying the ride. Chris is an accredited fundraiser for the World Wide Fund for Nature Australia, and is a strong campaigner for the conservation of Australia’s wildlife. Chriss images have been used to study the movements and population trends of endangered animals, including the Southern Right Whale.
- The most up-to-date guide to bird watching sites in Australia on the market.
- Detailing 55 of the best sites, including:
Kakadu National Park, NT
Daintree Rainforest, QLD
Christmas Island, WA
Atherton Tablelands, QLD
Gluepot Reserve, SA
- The expertly written and very readable text is backed up by lavish photos, including rare images of amazing species.
- A fact file for each site lists road and rail access; entry fees and permits, facilities, nearby services, accommodation and GPS co-ordinates.
- Google Preview content