Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
The Skill of Flower Arranging
Everything you need to know
- ISBN-13: 9781922131522
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Milner, Gregory
- Price: AUD 79.99
- Stock: 2181 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 01/03/2020
- Format: Hardback (280mm X 224mm) 456 pages Weight: 1840g
- Categories: The arts [A]Art forms [AF]Installation art [AFKN]Art treatments & subjects [AG]Small-scale, secular & domestic scenes in art [AGK]Lifestyle, sport & leisure [W]Hobbies [WDH]Handicrafts, decorative arts & crafts [WF]Flower arranging & floral crafts [WFW]Gardening: flowers [WMPC]Natural history [WN]Trees, wildflowers & plants [WNP]
The Skill of Flower Arranging captures a lifetime of international decorating, demonstrating and judging experience and wisdom in one beautifully presented book, a must for all present and aspiring floral artists, designers and hobbyists of all skill levels. All aspects of flower arranging are covered in a clear instructional and visual manner, in nearly 500 pages of floral wisdom. Gregory demonstrates simple arrangements for beginners and builds on the knowledge of intermediate and advanced artists to help them prepare complex and elaborate arrangements. One of the unique pleasures of this book is that it equips the reader to develop skills in handheld and container arrangements, as well as arrangements for weddings and funerals. This reliable and complete reference will become a treasured companion that floral artists will frequently turn to with great assurance and pleasure, while delighting in the beauty of the photographed arrangements.
The Skill of Flower Arranging is filled with stunning photography and easy-to-follow diagrams detailing all aspects of flower arranging, including the symbolism of flowers, the use of colour and balance, and materials and equipment required. Basic through to advanced arrangements are covered, from vase and tabletop arrangements, through to baskets, boxes, corsages, and flowers for weddings and funerals.
Recognised by the floral industry as Australia’s leading floristry educator, Gregory Milner has extensive commercial floristry and teaching experience which he gained in Australia and abroad. He is a qualified national and international judge and holds a Bachelor and Masters in Education. Gregory is highly respected, having demonstrated, lectured and judged all around the world, including decorating and presenting his skills to heads of state and royalty. As a third generation florist, Gregory is extremely passionate about sharing his wealth of knowledge and experience to assist others in their learning journey. He was inducted into the Floristry Hall of Fame in 1999 in recognition of his extensive experience and contribution to the floral industry. Over the past thirty-five years, Gregory has written six flower arranging books, produced numerous instructional DVDs and run highly successful floristry businesses. His new book, The Skill of Flower Arranging, is unique in explaining all aspects of floral design in a straightforward manner. Gregory is the President of the Australian Association of Floral Designers (AAFD) and a past chairman of Interflora (Tasmania and Victoria), representing the floral industry on several boards at state and federal levels. He is the principal of Marjorie Milner College (established by his late mother in 1946), a nationally accredited and a highly regarded Registered Training Organisation. Gregory, and his students, have won numerous floristry competitions throughout Australia across several decades.
1 General information and advice
3 Caring for cut flowers
4 Preparing flowers for use
5 Handheld arrangements
6 Container arrangements
7 Wedding floristry
8 Funeral floristry
- Author Gregory Milner is Australia’s leading floristry educator and proponent.
- The only book currently available to cover all aspects of modern floristry.
- Designed to cover current education syllabi and skill levels from beginner to expert.
- This will be a must-have volume for all florists, floral artists, internal designers and hobbyists.
- An ideal guide for personal use or professional use by florists.
- Covers all stages of flower preparation, flower support and the understanding of how to place flowers and why they are placed in specific positions.
- Written by one of Australia’s most respected and admired florists and educators.
- Includes chapters on wedding and funeral arrangements.
- Google Preview content