Woodslane Online Catalogues
- Set on Anzac Day, the book explores issues and challenges faced by military families, seen through the eyes of two 9 year old children. Readers will gain a greater understanding of the modern Anzac spirit through humour, adventure and loss.
- Will was born in Toronto, Canada and raised in Sydney, Australia. He lives on Sydney’s north shore - close to his partner Jamie and family. Will works as a Senior Media Adviser to a senior NSW Government Minister. His hobbies include running, reading, travelling, volunteering, movies and watching cricket. Camouflage Kids is Will’s first book. As a child, learning of his grandfather’s service and time spent as a prisoner of war during the Second World War, instilled in him a passion for military issues. Will’s volunteer work since 2007 with Legacy, a charity which supports the families of veterans, inspired him to write the book. Previous work as a Policy Adviser to the NSW Veterans Affairs Minister also exposed him to the challenges affecting contemporary veterans and their families.
Dee Texidor is a freelance graphic designer and illustrator. Her work has appeared in more than 30 books, and is specially noted for its edge of wit and originality.
- * Will wrote the book to inform young readers of what life is like for modern military kids and their families, capturing their courage and the sacrifices they make.
* This book will foster a greater understanding and appreciation of the Anzac spirit and will act as great discussion tool to approach a sometimes difficult and lesser known subject.
* Vibrant art accompanies the lively text which will engage readers.
Google Preview content