- ISBN-13: 9781925694727
- Publisher/Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Akeroyd, Simon & Bayton, Ross
- Price: AUD 29.95
- Stock: 2251 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 19/01/2018
- Format: Paperback (246mm X 190mm) 256 pages Weight: 1000g
- Categories: Garden design & planning [WMD]Gardening: plants [WMP]
Gardening School is a complete resource for novice and intermediate gardeners who want to formalize their knowledge and take their skills to the next level. It is the perfect companion for anyone taking, or considering taking, a horticultural diploma. The book opens with two sections providing useful background information plants and gardens, such as understanding plant taxonomy. The following six sections focus on practical guidelines on topics such as planting, pruning, problem solving, growing fruit, and arranging plants. The book concludes with a 32-page section, printed in one colour on a woodfree stock, of plant lists, providing detailed information and growing guidelines for common plant genera and species. Packed with hands-on guidance, always underpinned with a sound theoretical understanding, Gardening School will equip readers with a foundation in horticulture and all the skills they need to maximise their gardening potential.
Simon Akeroyd is a garden writer with a passion for both kitchen gardening and cooking. He contributes to numerous magazines including Grow Your Own (as the Allotment Gardener) and was also a garden and food writer for the BBC. His books include Shrubs and Small Trees, Lawns and Ground Cover, the Allotment Handbook, A Small Course in Veg and Fruit, RHS Vegetables for the Gourmet Gardener, and Raised-Bed Gardening. He was previously a Garden Manager for the Royal Horticultural Society, and worked at both RHS Wisley and Harlow Carr. Location - England
*Gardening School provides a complete course for keen amateur gardeners and aspiring professionals.
• Combines practical guidelines and expert knowledge in an attractive package.
• An invaluable resource for anyone studying fora horticultural qualification.
• Sections include: Understanding Plants, Practical Planting, Everyday Garden Care, Problem Solving, Productive Gardening, and Planting Design.
• End section of 32 pages contains plant lists with detailed guidelines for each species or genus.
• Features photographs and commissioned diagrams and step-by-step illustrations.
- Google Preview content