When the Whales Walked
- ISBN-13: 9781925695236
Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Dixon, Dougal Illustrated by Bailey, Hannah
- Price: AUD 22.95
- Stock: 1831 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 14/09/2018
- Format: Hardback (295mm X 210mm) 64 pages Weight: 596g
- Categories: History & the past: general (Children/Teenage) [YNH]Natural history (Children's/Teenage) [YNN]Science & technology: general (Children/Teenage) [YNT]Educational: Sciences, general science [YQS]
Step back in time to discover how crocodiles were once warm-blooded and how snakes had legs and burrowed underground. Meet terrifying giant birds, and tiny elephants living on islands. From the moment life crawled out of the oceans and onto land, to when our primate ancestors climbed down from the trees, the history of Planet Earth is filled with incredible stories. This beautifully illustrated non-fiction book explores some of the most exciting and incredible events in evolution, through 13 case studies. Among those included are: how whales once walked on four legs before taking to the oceans; how dinosaurs evolved into birds; and how the first cats were small and lived in trees. The book includes a mixture of annotated illustrations, illustrated scenes, and family trees.
- With delightful illustrations including lots of detail and humour, all carefully researched and checked, this book shows the development of life on Earth in a truly accessible and simple way.
- Great large-format.
- Expert author includes most up-to-date palaeontological theories.
- Google Preview content