Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Sam Squirrel has ADHD
- ISBN-13: 9781925839722
Imprint: LITTLE STEPS PUBLISHING
- Author: Selina Lee and Illustrated by Aleksandra Szmidt
- Price: AUD 17.95
- Stock: 6 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 19/06/2020
- Format: Paperback (270mm X 210mm) 36 pages Weight: 200g
- Categories: Children's, Teenage & educational [Y]Picture books, activity books, early learning [YB]Picture books [YBC]Picture storybooks [YBCS]Interest age: from c 4 years [5AD]
- A beautifully illustrated picture book about ADHD, (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and squirrels. See the significant effects the disorder has on the individual, their family and friends, and how with extra knowledge and understanding, the extremely common and well-known negative experiences can be changed to positive ones. Fall in love with the extremely cute, fun, creative and energetic Sam Squirrel, as he experiences his frustrating ‘roller coaster’ journey in life, at school, and at home with his friends and family. Watch how they persistently try to follow the right path and do the right thing, whilst being confronted with life’s many hurdles. Have admiration for Sam Squirrel and his parents as they all learn to understand and support each other, through the challenging circumstances they face, through no fault of their own. Have hope in the love that Sam Squirrel and his parents have for each other and join them in their celebrations as their relationships improve for the better.
- A passionate ADHD advocate, Selina Lee, was born in 1975, Sydney, Australia. She grew up in a single parent family with her mother, brother and sister, due to the unexpected death of her father in a motorcycle accident, aged 5. Selina spent her childhood in Brisbane. Her family were not well off, and at times struggled to makes ends meet. After school and various jobs, Selina became a Croupier leading to opportunity for travel. She worked on cruise ships in her early 20’s travelling the world. She then landed in the UK, changing profession, and spent a decade as a Police Constable in Metropolitan Police Force, London, where she met, Bob ‘The Bobby’. Wanting a family, Selina and Bob moved to Queensland, where she now lives on the beautiful Gold Coast, as a Private Investigator. Selina was diagnosed with ADHD at 40, after her first son was diagnosed ADHD, age 6. Selina’s partner and second son have also now been diagnosed with ADHD. Years of misdirection, myth and stigma, led to Selina researching ADHD for five years and it became evident that ADHD is a prevalent childhood disorder that still remains misunderstood and unsupported. The difference in early diagnosis and treatment versus not is stark and can be life and death. Selina is helping create a better world for her children by writing books and has set up a charity for children with ADHD. Aleksandra Szmidt grew up in a town in the south of Poland and currently resides in New Zealand. In Poland, she worked as a graphic designer. Upon moving she decided to pursue her dream as a freelance illustrator. From her home studio, Aleksandra creates one-of-a-kind artwork for clients across the world. Her love of drawing plants and animals is attributed to her landscape architecture studies. However, she prefers to design magical things often detached from reality. The majority of her artwork is traditionally created with watercolour, gouache and coloured pencil but she also creates digital art using Photoshop. She loves her job and it brings her immense joy and an emotional connection to her artwork.
- * Entertaining with a loveable and energetic squirrel as the protagonist. * Educational and enlightening, with additional helpful facts and information at the end of the book. * Sends a really positive message to anyone struggling or feeling unsure about their own, or someone else’s, diagnosis.
- Google Preview content