Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Princesses Wear Sneakers
- ISBN-13: 9781925839753
Imprint: LITTLE STEPS PUBLISHING
- Author: Sam Squiers and Illustrated by Annabel Cutler
- Price: AUD 14.95
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: This book is temporarily out of stock, order will be despatched as soon as fresh stock is received.
- Local release date: 20/05/2020
- Format: Paperback (230mm X 230mm) 32 pages Weight: 184g
- Categories: Children's, Teenage & educational [Y]Picture books, activity books, early learning [YB]Picture books [YBC]Interest age: from c 3 years [5AC]
- Princess Ellie loves playing sports and wearing her sneakers. She dreams of playing sports in big stadiums and even competing at the Olympics. The only problem is, nobody seems to think that her sporty interests are very princess-like! When disaster strikes the kingdom, Princess Ellie sets out to prove that princesses definitely wear sneakers. This is the debut novel from Sports Presenter and Women in Sport advocate Sam Squiers. It’s a heartwarming and uplifting tale of Princess Ellie as she sets about to challenge the stereotype of a princess, just like women in sport have challenged the stereotype of an athlete. The book aims to send powerful messages to little girls about sport from a very early age. It encourages them to not only play sport but to break down barriers and overcome obstacles which may stand in the way as they pursue their dreams. The current boom in women’s sports across all codes is causing the biggest cultural shift ever seen in sport. The publication of the book ties in perfectly with the growing popularity of women’s sports and the desire for mums and dads to inspire their girls to play as well.
- Sam Squiers is an award-winning Sports Presenter, Journalist and the founder of Women’s Sport platform, Sportette. Sam has worked with Australia’s leading media and sports organisations including Channel 9, NRL, Surfing Australia, Channel 7, Sky News and Triple M. Most recently Sam was the weekend sports presenter and senior sports reporter at Channel Nine Queensland before moving to Sydney late in 2018. Prior to that Sam worked as a Sports Presenter for Sky News and is the current host of Surfing Australia TV. During Sam’s career she’s become a strong advocate for women in sport. In 2014, Sam founded Sportette to provide an avenue to tell the incredible stories of our female athletes and it's grown to be a leading think tank on Women's Sports. With huge passion and desire to campaign change around the way brands, sports administrators and government bodies view Women in Sport, Sam has worked tirelessly to develop relationships and find ways to sustain the ongoing development of women's sports. In 2017 Sam launched the inaugural Sportette Summit for Women in Sport and Business, bringing together some of Australia's biggest Sports Administrators, Brands, Athletes and Government Bodies to educate and support the continued growth and sustainability of women's sports. While juggling her TV presenting commitments and keynote speaking engagements, Sam is also an Australian Ladies Professional Golf (ALPG) Board Director and a mum to her own little girl, Imogen. Annabel Cutler is an artist, student and the illustrator and author of Saffy and the Sneaky Secret Summoning, which marks her children’s book debut. Annabel is currently studying for a Bachelor of Communications Degree at University of Technology in Sydney and has completed a certificate in Illustration and Drawing at Open Colleges with a high distinction final mark. Her fine art is stocked in galleries throughout NSW and she has participated in a few group exhibitions. Having spent much of her childhood on a property in rural New South Wales, her passion for painting and drawing animals and quirky characters flourished and continue to inspire her today. When she’s not making a mess in her studio, she loves morning swims on the beach, documentaries and eating too much food with friends. Her work can be found online on www.annabelcutler.com and @annabelcutler on Instagram.
- * Heartwarming tale of a princess’ passionate pursuit of her sporting dreams which sends a powerful message to girls about sport from a key early age. * Encourages girls to be brave, strong, independent and game changers. * Breaks down typical stereotypes of both princesses and women in sport. * Fills a void in the market for children’s books with encouraging messages about girls and sport. * Debut novel from Sports Presenter and Women in Sport advocate Sam Squiers.
- Google Preview content