Woodslane Online Catalogues
Bridging the Gap Between Mind and Body
- Your back is one of the most sensitive yet highly used parts of your body and while millions of people experience lower back pain each year, it doesn’t need to put your life on hold. In Back Pain, elite sports physiotherapist Kusal Goonewardena shares his expertise and insight to help you understand the causes of back pain and what you can do to cure it. Discover everything you need to know to care for your back and avoid back pain with preventative and curative measures, posture management, and nutritional guidelines including medical and herbal supplements. Enjoy the immediate benefits of following the 21-day exercise program included in the book and regain your zest for life. With a clinical base, this book is the closest you can come to getting treatment for your back without seeing a physiotherapist. With this authoritative guide to physiotherapy processes, you have the power to restore health to your back and body.
- Kusal Goonewardena has established a successful career in building three innovative sports medicine clinics in Melbourne. His passion is to provide the best solutions in the sports physiotherapy healthcare sector so that patients, athletes and clients continuously receive the most important aspect in health: Results. His passion is to lead practitioners, so they live a life of service that is judged by expertise, results, service and education. Currently the head of Sports Medicine at Elite Akademy Sports Medicine at the University of Melbourne, he and his team have helped the university achieve a top 5 finish at the prestigious Australian University Games since 2008. He is a renowned speaker and has presented in Australia, Singapore, China, Japan and Sri Lanka. He is the author of 3 Minute Workouts.
- * Help your back pain by understanding it. This book contains the latest and most comprehensive information and research on back pain and how you can overcome it. With a clinical base, this book is the closest someone can come to getting treatment without seeing a physiotherapist.
* Learn about the types, causes, signs and symptoms of lower back pain, how to self-analyse, and your action plan to cure the pain.
* Everything you need to know to care for your back and avoid back pain with preventative and curative measures, posture management and nutritional guidelines including medical and herbal supplements.
* Includes a 21 Day Move Program with Pilates and yoga exercises you can start implementing in your life immediately; plus 7 tips for managing pain and 5 mental secrets to great exercise; medical treatments including conventional medicine and surgical intervention, and alternative therapies, such as heat therapy and acupuncture.
* Suitable for athletes and people experiencing back pain from work, work from home, bad posture, exercise and more.
* Contains 8 colour pages with photos for the exercise program.
* Kusal has completed over 65,000 treatments in sports physiotherapy over 20 years and has mentored over 1000 therapists from around the world. His clients include athletes that have gone on to compete in the Olympic Games and the Winter Olympics.
* Kusal is a renowned international speaker and will be promoting the book on The Informer TV, where Kusal is a regular guest, and associated social media.
* Coverage in national newspapers and on radio including 3AW, ABC and 2GB, and in Prevention Magazine (2 million+ social media followers).
* World Spine Day is on 16 October and will be used for media coverage for the book.
Google Preview content