Search by BIC codes / BIC qualifiers
Filter by: Published in Best sellers in top Country of origin Availability
The Story of Lachlan and Elizabeth Macquarie's Treatment of the Convicts
This is the story of two Scots, Lachlan Macquarie, governor of the British colony of New South Wales from 1810 to 1821, and of his wife, Elizabeth Macquarie, both of whom pioneered a policy of rehabilitation and renewal as part of their treatment of the convicts.
- ISBN-13: 9781912690046
Imprint: UNICORN PRESS
- Author: Lovegrove, Austin
AUD55.00 Normal terms apply
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Local release date: 01/01/2020
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Categories: Biography: historical, political & military [BGH]Australasian & Pacific history [HBJM]Modern history to 20th century: c 1700 to c 1900 [HBLL]Rehabilitation of offenders [JKVQ1]United Kingdom, Great Britain [1DBK]Australia [1MBF]
A Prison History
Long Bay has housed some of Australia’s most notorious criminals: Tilly Devine, Darcy Dugan, Russell Cox, Neddy Smith, Chow Hayes, Bernie Matthews, Rex Jackson and Roger Rogerson have all spent time behind its bars. Patrick Kennedy has a personal connection: his parents worked there as medical staff and he grew up metres from the outer wall. As ......
- ISBN-13: 9781925043419
Imprint: HALSTEAD PRESS
- Author: Kennedy, Patrick
AUD49.95 Normal terms apply
- Stock: 21 in stock
- Local release date: 15/04/2018
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Categories: True stories [BT]True crime [BTC]Crime & mystery [FF]Regional & national history [HBJ]Social & cultural history [HBTB]Penology & punishment [JKVP]Prisons [JKVP1]Rehabilitation of offenders [JKVQ1]Australia [1MBF]