Counterpack 6 copy - WTR Eastern Victoria
- ISBN-13: 9780980750270
WHERE TO RIDE
Imprint: WHERE TO RIDE
- Price: AUD 209.94
- Stock: 5 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 20/09/2011
- Format: Counterpack – filled (150mm X 150mm) Weight: 3610g
- Categories: Geographical maps (specialist) [RGS]Sports & outdoor recreation [WS]Cycling [WSQ]Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]Cycling, boarding & skating (Children's / Teenage)[YNWY]
Counterpack (including 6 copies)
Peter Whiteley has spent months researching, riding and writing 57 fun and interesting rides for adults, plus 31 top trails for kids and beginners. The rides span an area from the Murray River in the north, to Wilsons Promontory in the south, and from the Hume Highway out to the eastern seaboard.
All rides have accurate colour maps and altitude profiles so it’s easy to choose what’s right for you. There is also a section with tips for beginners to help you get started and there are rides to suit people of all ages and experience levels.
This remarkable book offers a unique chance to experience some wonderful countryside under your own steam. The cities and towns of Eastern Victoria provide some of the most appealing riding, perfect for a day out on the bike. Take a leisurely roll around Phillip Island and Cowes or test your legs in the hills around Bright.
Experience Eastern Victoria on two wheels; you’ll see what you’ve been missing!
- Fun exciting rides
- Ride ratings makes choosing easy
- Clear concise direction
- GPS generated mapping
- Elevation profiles
Peter has been a cyclist for much of his life. He rode a bike almost daily as transport to school and on the weekend trips with his mates to far flung parts of Melbourne. His recent participation in the Round the Bay in a Day ride caused him to reflect on his first trip to Werribee on a single speed clunker when he was a school kid.
North Eastern Victoria
Around the Bays
South Eastern Victoria
Kids North Eastern Victoria
Kids Around the Bays
Kids South Eastern Victoria
- Full colour throughout, printed on quality heavy coated stock
- Colour coded into three logical geographic sections
- All rides have a one to five star WTR Rating from Beginner through to Experienced Cyclist, which is explained in detail. It’s based on a combination of length, climbing and riding surface
- Includes a ride overview table at the front which classifies the rides by their distance, terrain and difficulty rating
- Includes a back cover endorsement from Chief Executive Officer of Bicycle Victoria, Harry Barber
- Google Preview content