Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Coast to Coast Walk
St Bees to Robin Hood's Bay
- ISBN-13: 9781852847593
- Author: Marsh, Terry
- Price: AUD 39.99
- Stock: 8 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 11/12/2018
- Format: Paperback (172mm X 116mm) 256 pages Weight: 430g
- Categories: Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]England [1DBKE]
- Guidebook to the Coast to Coast long-distance walking route from St Bees Head in Cumbria to Robin Hood's Bay in Yorkshire. At 190 miles (300km), this popular long-distance route can be walked in 2 weeks. With clear route description, maps, trek planner and accommodation guide. A separate 1:25,000 map booklet is included with the guidebook.
- Guidebook and Ordnance Survey map booklet to the Coast to Coast Walk. The route stretches some 188 miles (302km) from St Bees on Cumbria's west coast to Robin Hood's Bay in North Yorkshire. It is suitable for most fit walkers and can be comfortably walked in around a fortnight. The full Coast to Coast route is described from west to east in 13 stages of between 10 and 21 miles, with high and low-level alternatives for crossing the Yorkshire Dales and comprehensive route summaries for those preferring to walk the trail in the opposite direction. The guidebook comes with a separate map booklet of 1:25,000 scale OS maps showing the full route. Clear step-by-step route descriptions in the guide are illustrated by 1:100,000 OS map extracts. The route description links together with the map booklet at each stage along the way, and the compact format is conveniently sized for slipping into a jacket pocket or the top of a rucksack. A comprehensive trek planner offers a helpful overview of facilities on route, and full accommodation listings and useful contacts can be found in the appendices. There is also a wealth of background information covering geology, history, wildlife and plants, and a list of further reading.
- Map key Overview map Trek planner Route summary table Preface to the fourth edition Introduction An unmissable experience Planning your walk Suggested itineraries When to go Getting there and back Public transport along the route First and last nights Accommodation Facilities en route Baggage transfer Cash management What to take Planning day by day Using this guide Maps Weather Waymarking and paths Emergencies Phones and Wi-Fi Language All about the region Geography and geology Wildlife and plants History and pre-history The Coast to Coast Walk Across Lakeland Stage 1 St Bees to Ennerdale Bridge Stage 2 Ennerdale Bridge to Borrowdale Stage 3 Borrowdale to Patterdale Stage 4 Patterdale to Shap Into the Dales Stage 5 Shap to Kirkby Stephen Stage 6 Kirkby Stephen to Keld Stage 7A Keld to Reeth (high-level route) Stage 7B Keld to Reeth (low-level route) Stage 8 Reeth to Richmond Stage 9 Richmond to Danby Wiske Stage 10 Danby Wiske to Osmotherley The North York Moors Stage 11 Osmotherley to Blakey Ridge Stage 12 Blakey Ridge to Grosmont Stage 13 Grosmont to Robin Hood's Bay Appendix A Useful contacts Appendix B Accommodation along the route Appendix C Further reading
- Google Preview content