The Thousand Doors
Australian Doctors at War Part Five: The Middle East and Far East
- ISBN-13: 9781925043426
- Publisher/Imprint: HALSTEAD PRESS
- Author: Liekman, Colonel Robert
- Price: AUD 65.00
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 20/10/2018
- Format: Hardback (245mm X 170mm) 464 pages Weight: 0g
- Categories: Military history [HBW]Medical profession [MBD]
Illustrated biographies of doctors who served during the Second World War. The fifth volume in the series Australian Doctors at War, covers the Allied campaigns in North Africa and Syria until the Battle of Alamein, operations in Malaya until the Fall of Singapore, and the expeditionary forces sent by Australia to New Britain, New Ireland, Timor, Ambon, New Caledonia, Nauru and Ocean Island. Contains over 700 biographies of medical officers who signed up for the Australian Armed Forces from 1939–1942.
Peter Deakin works as a barrister, one of Sydneys best known and respected Queens Counsel. His real enthusiasm is historical scholarship, and years of research, world travel and contemplation brought him to write this work, taking advantage of deep knowledge that will surprise many readers.
- Unmatched record of medical professionals who served in the Australian Armed Forces during the Second World War.
- Thorough and concise analysis of troop movements, context of actions, and background detail.
- A reference book that will remain a vital source of information for many years.
- Google Preview content