Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
The Thousand Doors
Australian Doctors at War Vol 4 The Middle East and Far East 1939 - 1942
- ISBN-13: 9781925043426
Imprint: HALSTEAD PRESS
- Author: Colonol Robert Likeman
- Price: AUD 65.00
- Stock: 417 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 29/04/2019
- Format: Hardback (245mm X 170mm) 464 pages Weight: 1340g
- Categories: Military history [HBW]Second World War [HBWQ]Medical profession [MBD]History of medicine [MBX]Middle East [1FB]East Asia, Far East [1FP]Australia [1MBF]
Illustrated biographies of doctors who served during the Second World War. The fourth volume in the series Australian Doctors at War, covers the Allied campaigns in North Africa and Syria until the Battle of Alamein, operations in Malaya until the Fall of Singapore, and the expeditionary forces sent by Australia to New Britain, New Ireland, Timor, Ambon, New Caledonia, Nauru and Ocean Island. Contains over 700 biographies of medical officers who signed up for the Australian Armed Forces from 1939–1942.
Queensland author Dr Robert Likeman is a graduate of Oxford University, where he studied Classics, Oriental Languages and Medicine. He is a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, in Tropical Medicine, and in Rural and Remote Medicine. After service in the British Army, he emigrated to Australia in 1972. He served in the Australian Army as a Reservist and as a Regular Officer for 24 year, and his final posting was as Director of Army Health in Canberra. He is the author of five books of military history, and two biographies, and has co-authored a text book of medicine for doctors working in the Third World.
- Unmatched record of medical professionals who served in the Australian Armed Forces during the Second World War.
- Thorough and concise analysis of troop movements, context of actions, and background detail.
- A reference book that will remain a vital source of information for many years.
- Google Preview content