Australian Bush Pubs 2/e
A Celebration of Outback Australia's Iconic Watering Holes
- ISBN-13: 9781925403411
WOODSLANE PRESS PL
Imprint: BOILING BILLY
- Author: Lewis, Craig and Savage, Cathy
- Price: AUD 49.99
- Stock: 1715 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 17/10/2016
- Format: Hardback (210mm X 295mm) 256 pages Weight: 1320g
- Categories: Photography & photographs [AJ]Places & peoples: general & pictorial works [WTM]Photographs: collections [AJC]
From the authors of Australias favourite bush camping and 4WD guides comes a striking review of Australias iconic bush pubs. No-one is in a better position to know which are the countrys most extraordinary bush pubs - or to write about and photograph them. Lavishly illustrated with striking and fascinating full-colour photographs, Australian Bush Pubs features an eclectic collection of the outbacks historic watering holes, including such classics as Queenslands famous Birdsville Hotel and New South Waless characterful Tilpa Hotel. The accompanying text portrays a short history of each establishment along with any unusual aspects, such as happenings, famous patrons and even ghosts! This revised edition brings up to date their stories, including the handful of pubs that have closed since the original publication.
Authors Craig and Cathy Lewis are full-time travel writers and photographers, mostly writing about Australian bush travel. On their almost continuous wanderings throughout the backblocks the pair have, on the odd occasion, found themselves forced to visit many a bush pub (all in the name of research of course). This book is the result of those endeavours. Craig and Cathy created the Boiling Billy imprint in 1996 and are based on a small farm in High Country NSW.
- A unique look at the most characterful outback pubs in Australia
- Over 13,000 copies of the original edition in print
- Thoroughly updated with several new pubs and many new stories
- Google Preview content