Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
A book for kids about anxiety
- ISBN-13: 9780648488804
Imprint: HEY SIGMUND
- Author: Young, Karen
- Price: AUD 24.99
- Stock: 1909 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 31/01/2017
- Format: Hardback (270mm X 210mm) 32 pages Weight: 380g
- Categories: Coping with anxiety & phobias [VFJP]Children's, Teenage & educational [Y]Picture books, activity books, early learning [YB]Picture books [YBC]Picture storybooks [YBCS]Educational: Psychology [YQJP]Personal/social issues: body, health (Child/Teen) [YXA]Interest age: from c 5 years [5AF]
Kids can do amazing things with the right information. Understanding why anxiety feels the way it does and where the physical symptoms come from is a powerful step in turning anxiety around. Anxiety explained, kids empowered.
Karen began her career as a psychologist before she founded www.heysigmund.com, the website that brings the science of psychology to the art of being human. She has an honours degree in psychology and masters in Gestalt therapy. Karen is a sought after speaker, both at home in Australia and internationally, on the topic of anxiety in children and teens.
Norvile graduated art school in Lithuania and got a bachelor degree of fine photography in Vilnius Design College. Ever since she can remember, she has been fascinated by childrens storybooks, and especially creative illustrations. She lives in Lithuania. Her work can be found at www.norvile.com.
The symptoms of anxiety will fuel anxiety until they make sense - Hey Warrior explains where the symptoms of anxiety come from and why anxiety feels the way it does. It creatively assists children (and the important adults in their lives) to understand and manage anxiety. It empowers children by making sense of anxiety, and offering them a way to find calm. By helping children understand why anxiety feels the way it does, Hey Warrior helps to take the fear out of anxiety and moves children towards brave behaviour.
- Google Preview content