Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Windows 10 in easy steps
- ISBN-13: 9781840788921
IN EASY STEPS
Imprint: IN EASY STEPS
- Author: Vandome, Nick
- Price: AUD 27.99
- Stock: 259 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 09/03/2020
- Format: Paperback (227mm X 186mm) 240 pages Weight: 540g
- Categories: Windows & variants [ULD]
Windows 10 in easy steps, 5th Edition provides full-colour and comprehensive coverage of the latest Windows operating system and shows how to get the most out of it, whether you are using a desktop computer or a mobile device. It details the new features and shows how these integrate with the more traditional elements of the operating system, including:
- Upgrading to Windows 10 and personalizing it for your needs.
- Getting to grips with the Windows 10 interface, navigating with the Start menu, the Start button, and the Taskbar.
- Customizing the live tiles feature, so that you can create your own look and feel.
- Accessing and downloading apps, and how to work with them and organize them.
- Working with files and folders, and using OneDrive for free storage and sharing files.
- Using Cortana, the Personal Digital Assistant, to search your computer or the web or to perform actions like opening apps or documents.
- Getting online with the web browser, Microsoft Edge, and keeping in touch by email and Skype.
- Perfecting photos, viewing movies, and playing music and games.
It also covers the new features in the November 2019 Update, including:
- An updated Start menu that consists of one column, making it more streamlined. (This applies to new PCs and laptops with the November 2019 Update, or new user accounts that are created.)
- A new Light Theme to give the elements of Windows 10 a crisper look and feel.
- A greater range of options for how updates in Windows 10 are handled, giving you more control over the update process.
- It is now possible to uninstall a greater range of the built-in Windows 10 apps, if required.
- The Search box and the button for Cortana have been separated on the Taskbar.
- User accounts can be created so that they can be unlocked without a password, but are just as secure.
Windows 10 is one of the most significant upgrades in Microsofts history and Windows 10 in easy steps, 5th Edition is ideal for newbies and for those wanting to quickly grasp the essentials in the November 2019 Update.
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to writing, he also designs websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad. Nick is an established In Easy Steps author with several successful guides to his credit, including the computing best-seller iPad for Seniors in easy steps.
- Does not replace Windows 10 in easy steps, 4th Edition 9781840788068, which covers the April 2018 Update.
- Windows 10 is the successor to Windows 8 (there is no Windows 9, perhaps to put a suitable distance between the new version and its predecessor) and addresses several of the issues from Windows 8 and 8.1, to ensure that it is easier to work with on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Previous editions of Windows in easy steps have always been one of the top sellers on the topic.
- Google Preview content