Woodslane Online Catalogues
Legacy: Taking care of the most important people in your life when you
are no longer here
- Most of us don’t want to think about estate planning, about what it would be like if we weren’t here to take care of our loved ones. As a business owner or entrepreneur, you have worked hard for your success and wealth, and this has helped ensure your loved ones are cared for. But what would happen if you became incapacitated or died?
How would you ensure your loved ones were cared for? Without an Estate Plan in place your loved ones are at risk of not knowing what your wishes were and being faced with confusing legal and familial issues. Putting an Estate Plan in place can be the greatest legacy that you leave behind. Legacy is a book for time-poor business owners and entrepreneurs who want peace of mind that their family and loved ones will be looked after emotionally and financially in the event that they no longer can do it themselves. Written by estate planning lawyer, Melisa Sloan, this book is a thought provoking and informative guide on the facets you will need to consider when putting in place a well-documented estate plan. Using her extensive personal experience, Melisa aims to equip you with the information and knowledge needed to make informed decisions that will give you the confidence to put your Estate Plan in place and that clearly documents your wishes. Legacy is a must read for those wanting to protect themselves, their family, their business and their legacy.
- Melisa Sloan is an estate planning and probate lawyer and is the founder of Madison Sloan Lawyers, a Melbourne based boutique law firm. Having had the privilege of assisting thousands of clients put in place their estate plans during her legal career, Melisa understands the challenges business owners and entrepreneurs face in considering their legacy and how best to look after their family. She has used this extensive experience to help business owners and entrepreneurs create lasting legacies that ensure their families and loved ones are well cared for and that their businesses taken care of if something were to happen to them. As a lawyer, Melisa derives great joy in listening to people’s stories, to what is important and what resonates with them and she acknowledges the enormous privilege she has in being able to make a difference in their life.
Melisa is a daughter, sister, aunt, great aunt, god mother and amazing friend who loves people and is passionate about helping people leave beautiful and inspiring legacies.
- * Legacy explains in plain English the important concepts that should be considered when putting estate planning documents in place.
* It is written specifically for business owners and entrepreneurs.
* In Australia more than 50% of Australians die without a Will which can lead to anguish for those left behind. This book aims to educate people to put a Will in place and take care of the most important people in their life.
* This book is unique because it is more personalised and is not a legal textbook, it is aimed solely to be used as a guide for people wanting to take care of their family in this area of law, estate planning. It touches specifically on the pain points of parents, particularly when discussing choosing a guardian for minor children, children who cannot control their own inheritance and other areas that stem emotion for people when putting an estate plan in place.
* Social Media campaign.
* Speaking engagements.
* Campaign to newspapers and radio.
* Book Launch.
* Marketing campaign.
Google Preview content