Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Dr Claire's Love your Dog
The complete guide to caring for your canine friend
- ISBN-13: 9781925868302
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Dr Claire Stevens, Libby Harkness
- Price: AUD 39.99
- Stock: 2419 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 27/04/2020
- Format: Paperback (226mm X 170mm) 320 pages Weight: 680g
- Categories: Veterinary medicine: small animals (pets) [MZC]Domestic animals & pets [WNG]Dogs as pets [WNGD]Australia [1MBF]
Being a responsible and educated dog owner is no easy task. Owners often feel overwhelmed trying to make the right decisions for their cuddly canine, and that’s no surprise when they are faced with difficult choices regarding pet insurance, vaccinations, diet, surgery, medical procedures and so much more. This book helps owners make sense of all that and supports them in truly being their dog’s best friend. The expert and user-friendly advice from a practicing Australian vet includes: a complete canine care guide following the life stages of a dog; practical advice on all aspects of caring for your furry friend; canine behaviour and training; and coverage of the common canine diseases.
Dr Claire, animal lover, mum and veterinarian, has always been fascinated with the connection and love shared between pets and their owners. Based on the Gold Coast, she studied Veterinary Science at the University of Queensland and also gained a Certificate of Veterinary Public Health from the University of Sydney. Dr Claire is passionate about community, connection and ensuring a healthy, long and happy life for our pets. She believes that connecting on an emotional level with pet owners in the consult room is essential in providing first class veterinary care – a belief that led to her write her first book, Love your Dog. She regularly appears as a specialist commentator on radio and television and has a strong following on social media.
Introduction: Dogs and me
The road to the modern dog
The 21st century dog
Getting a new dog
Choosing the right dog
Food, glorious food
Bones and dietary issues
Keeping your dog clean and trim
Systems, vital signs and cancer
Common diseases and medical conditions
Complementary medicine for dogs
Training and behavioural problems
Human behaviour and dogs
Travelling with dogs
Children and dogs
Doggie trivia and other tails
At the end of your dog’s life
- Written by an Australian vet with a special interest in dog medicine
- The author is media friendly and regularly appears on television, radio and on-line
- This will be the most comprehensive book on dogs specifically written for Australians
- Planned Publicity:
- Money Magazine feature and giveaway (May edition).
- Mums at the Table feature.
- Life Begins at…magazine article.
- Vet Practice magazine interview feature.
- The Veterinarian magazine review.
- Mindfood giveaway (April Birthday issue)
- The Senior newspaper feature
- Australian Dog Lovers magazine review and giveaway (May)
- Dogs QLD magazine review and giveaway.
- Latte Life Eastern Suburbs Pet Pages competition.
- Google Preview content